Monday, February 25, 2013

Santo, another island in Vanuatu

Flew to Luganville, Santo and spent 3 days visiting branches, members homes and doing audits. It is a very green island with many palm trees that look like they were planted in a row. We drove on dirt roads that the Americans put in during the war as this island was used as staging for the war. At the end of the war us Americans tried to sell much equipment to the Vanuatu government but they didn't want it so the American military just dumped into the sea. That place on the coast of santo is called "million dollar point". Senior missionary couple is based here that is over seminary and institute for the whole mission. The Hanks. They drove us a bit as did the young elders. . We also had to take a transport. You just wait along side of the road until they come. No one has cars.....they walk or take transits if they can afford it. You will see pictures of family homes and one from porch is used as a church for about 50 each Sunday as well as meetings like we had.... Enjoy!
Please let me know if you are getting this blog....
Love to you all from the south sea islands and the wonderful people of the isles of the sea.



















































2 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to describe my gut reactions to the pictures you're sharing. they are so hauntingly familiar and my heart is torn. I hope you are well, my dear. Not, too overwhelmed. It's a lot to take in at first, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I feel I can relate to what you are going through. I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete